As a first step in learning about data science, it would be useful to consider these ten basic questions as reference:
- What is intelligence ?
- What is learning ?
- How do humans learn ?
- Is a chess computer intelligent ?
- What motivates a computer ?
- What do we mean by data analysis ?
- What is inference ?
- How can we judge whether a statistical or machine learning method or algorithm is good ?
- What are some of the properties of big data that are challenging for analysis ?
- What do machine learning and statistical inference have in common ? How do they differ?
Keep these questions in mind as you spend time in learning and extending your skills in data analysis.